About Us | Contact Us | Feedback
Powered by a China travel agency - Easy Tour China Tel: +86-773-3810160 USA/CA:1-888 666 0951
Home > Trip Ideas > China Visa Issues > China Visas

China Visas

A Chinese visa is a permit issued by Chinese visa authorities to non-Chinese citizens for entry into, exit from and transit through China. The types of visas can be classified into: diplomatic visa, courteous visa, service visa and general visa according to the status and types of passports held by aliens coming to China. Among them, general visas are divided into nine sub-categories, which are respectively marked with Chinese phonetic letters F, L, Z, X, C, J-1, J-2, G, and D.

Visit / Business Visa (F): Issued to those foreigners who are invited to China for visit, research, lecture, business, scientific-technological and cultural exchanges or short-term advanced studies or intern practice for a period of less than six months.

Tourism Visa (L): Issued to those who enter China temporarily for touring, family visiting or other personal affairs (multiple-entry is not granted for this category).

Working Visa (Z): Issued to foreigners who are to take up a post or employment in China, and their accompanying family members.

Study / Student Visa (X): Issued to those who come to China for study or intern practice for a period of six months or above.

Crewmember Visa (C): Issued to crewmembers on international aviation, navigation and land transportation missions and their accompanying family members.

Journalist Visa (J-1): This visa is for journalists who are posted to China for at least one year. Journalist Visa (J-2): Issued to foreign correspondents on temporary interview mission in China.

Transit Visa (G): Issued to those who transit through China.

Residence Visa (D): Issued to people who are going to live in China permanently.

Visa Categories Entries of Visas / Validity Duration of Stay
Journalist Visa (J-1) Single  / 3 months
Journalist Visa (J-2) Single / 3 months
Study / Student Visa (X) Single /  3 months
Residence Visa (D) Single  / 3 months
Tourist Visa (L) Single / Double   3 months  /  1-60 days
Crewmember Visa (C) Single / Double  3 months / 1- 30 days
Transit Visa (G) Single / Double   3 months / 7 days
Visit / Business Visa (F) Single / Double / Multiple  3 months 6 / 12 months 1-60 days

Validity of Visa: A single entry Chinese visa is valid for 3 months from the date of issue, and a double entry visa is valid for 6 months. A China visa holder must enter China before the expiration date for the visa to remain valid.

Duration of Stay: The duration of stay is specified on a Chinese visa. Chinese visa holders must not stay beyond the specified date without extending their visas. Otherwise, they will be subject to stiff penalties.

Questions & Comments

Name (* required)
Mail (will not be published) (* required)

Please click to verify: